A sandwich worthy of Elvis himself, this grilled, finger-licking treat may surprise you, too, with its flavor. “I saw the recipe and thought 'no way'…but it's delicious!” &mash;Marian Pickett, Argyle, Wisconsin.
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- Cut each banana in half widthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into four pieces. Spread peanut butter on bread. Place banana slices on four slices of bread; drizzle with honey. Top with remaining bread.
- Spritz outsides of sandwiches with butter-flavored spray. In a large nonstick skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Toasted PB & Banana Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p26
Reviews for Toasted PB & Banana Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2011
"I make these all the time, but instead of using honey I opt for a teaspoon or less of cinnamon sugar."