Toasted Muesli Recipe
"Here's a healthy start to the day that can be made ahead, then the crisp mixture can be eaten quickly on the way to work or school," notes Jennifer Wilson, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk, optional
- 1. In a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, combine the oats, sunflower kernels and almonds. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until almonds are golden.
- 2. Place dates and oat bran in a large bowl; stir to coat dates with oat bran. Add the toasted oat mixture, bran flakes, wheat germ, raisins and sugar; stir gently to combine. Serve with milk if desired. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7 servings.
1/2 cup: 217 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Toasted Muesli
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC