"I'm always looking for easy recipes that are good and different," comments Margaret DeLong of Gainesville, Florida. "This delightful grilled sandwich definitely meets those requirements."
Recommended: 50 Secret Recipes for Classic Diner Foods
- 1-1/3 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1-1/3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 16 slices bread
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Spread eight slices of bread with ham mixture (about 1/2 cup each). Top with cheese and the remaining bread. Spread butter on outsides of sandwiches. Cook on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Toasted Ham Salad Sandwiches in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p36
Reviews for Toasted Ham Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review