Toasted Granola Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 jar (12 ounces) toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring brown sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, flour and salt. Stir oil and vanilla into sugar mixture; pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until dry and lightly browned, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 11-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup equals 307 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Toasted Granola
"I made this and packaged it up for a healthy Christmas gift along with the recipe. Everyone loved it and it was something different from all the other sweet treats you get at that time of year."
"LOL LOL I'm sorry, but for some reason the previous two comments made me chuckle. Sounded like some siblings I know. Been a busy day, and I needed to hear (read) something humorous."
"You are not supposed to rate it until you actually try it!"
"this sounds delicious!"