Susan Lajeunesse's family of Colchester, Vermont likes this granola in so many ways. She writes, “We sprinkle it over yogurt and ice cream, we eat it with milk like cereal, and we love to just eat it right from the container!”
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 jar (12 ounces) toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, bring brown sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, flour and salt. Stir oil and vanilla into sugar mixture; pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until dry and lightly browned, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 11-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Toasted Granola in Light & Tasty
Reviews for Toasted Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review