Toasted Deli Sandwich with a Twist Recipe
- 1 slice deli ham (3/4 ounce)
- 2 slices deli turkey (1/2 ounce each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 slices raisin bread
- 1 slice Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce)
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown the ham and turkey. Meanwhile, spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. Remove ham and turkey from skillet.
- 2. On unbuttered side of one slice of bread, layer cheese, ham and turkey; top with remaining bread, buttered side up. In the skillet, toast sandwich for 1-2 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned. Yield: 1 serving.
1 sandwich equals 299 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 678 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.