Toasted Deli Sandwich with a Twist
This toasted sandwich gets a unique spin with raisin bread. Yes, it's different—but it's oh-so-good!—Mrs. Lisa Davey, Columbus, Ohio
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 slice deli ham (3/4 ounce)
- 2 slices deli turkey (1/2 ounce each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 slices raisin bread
- 1 slice Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce)
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown the ham
- and turkey. Meanwhile, spread butter over one side of each slice of
- bread. Remove ham and turkey from skillet.
- On unbuttered side of one slice of bread, layer cheese, ham and
- turkey; top with remaining bread, buttered side up. In the skillet,
- toast sandwich for 1-2 minutes on each side or until bread is
- lightly browned.
- Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 299 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 678 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.