Toasted Coconut Truffles Recipe
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, finely chopped and toasted
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Add the cream cheese, milk, vanilla and water; beat with a hand mixer until blended. Cover and refrigerate until easy to handle, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 220 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Toasted Coconut Truffles
"Just like Fannie May Trinidads!"
"I love coconut so I thought these needed more coconut. If I make them again I will adust the recipes to add more."