Toasted Coconut Truffles Recipe
Meet the Cook: "Ooh" and "Mmmm" are common comments when folks taste these delectable bites. Toasted coconut in the coating makes the truffles especially tempting. I always include them in my Christmas packages and gift containers, and my husband thinks they are just fabulous. He is a full-time agronomist, plus we grain farm with my father. Our children are 6, 4 and 2. -Beth Nagel, West Lafayette, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:33 servings
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, finely chopped and toasted
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Add the cream cheese, milk, vanilla and water; beat with a hand mixer until blended. Cover and refrigerate until easy to handle, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 220 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC