Meet the Cook: "Ooh" and "Mmmm" are common comments when folks taste these delectable bites. Toasted coconut in the coating makes the truffles especially tempting. I always include them in my Christmas packages and gift containers, and my husband thinks they are just fabulous. He is a full-time agronomist, plus we grain farm with my father. Our children are 6, 4 and 2. -Beth Nagel, West Lafayette, Indiana
Featured In: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, finely chopped and toasted
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Add the cream cheese, milk, vanilla and water; beat with a hand mixer until blended. Cover and refrigerate until easy to handle, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Toasted Coconut Truffles in Country Woman November/December 1999, p33
Reviews for Toasted Coconut Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2013
"Just like Fannie May Trinidads!"
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2009
"I love coconut so I thought these needed more coconut. If I make them again I will adust the recipes to add more."