Toasted Coconut Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in oats, coconut and nuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 190 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Toasted Coconut Cookies
"family and friends couldn't believe I made these addictive and perfect cookies"
"These cookies are fantastic. I do not really care for coconut, but that flavor and texture did not really come through in this cookie. I made these as a bar cookie and had 96 little bites. I took them to work and they were gone very, very quickly. Absolutely a keeper!"
"Delicious cookies! I used coconut extract, only 1 cup coconut, but added 1/2 cup of vanilla chips. Also because there are only two of us--I froze dough balls of these cookies and bake up (frozen) how ever many I need."
"Really good cookies. Made a few changes. Replaced 1 tsp. of the vanilla extract with 1 tsp. coconut extract. Also I used 2 cups of coconut and only 1 cup of oats. Didn't have walnuts so I used toasted pecans. Everyone loved them. Thanks!"
"These are wonderful cookies. I use pecans rather than walnuts. They disappear very quickly. They are my grandson's favorite!"
"I made these cookies about a week ago. They are good, especially if you like coconut, and nuts, which I do. I would give them a good rating."