Toasted Coconut Cookies Recipe
These cookies have coconuts, walnuts and oats to make them a satisfying snack no matter what time of day. They're a hit with everyone who tries them.—Cindy Colley, Othello, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:30 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in oats, coconut and nuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 190 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC