Toasted Clubs with Dill Mayo
Simple to prepare, eye-appealing and loaded with flavor, this bistro-style
sandwich couldn't be better! —Jenny Flake, Gilbert, Arizona
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 4 thin slices deli roast beef
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 2 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, dill, 1/4 teaspoon lemon
- juice and pepper; spread over toast. Layer two slices with beef,
- ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, bacon and sprouts.
- Drizzle avocado with remaining lemon juice; place over sprouts. Top
- with remaining toast. Secure with toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 328 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein.