Toasted Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
Pickle relish sparks the flavor of the chicken salad in these grilled sandwiches shared by Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. They are especially good with the easy cheese sauce.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, drained
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 bread slices, crusts removed
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, mayonnaise, relish, onion, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Spread over half of the bread; top with remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg, milk and remaining salt. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet or on a griddle, melt butter over medium heat; grill sandwiches on both sides until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine cheese sauce ingredients in saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Serve as a dipping sauce with sandwiches. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 432 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1085mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Toasted Chicken Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC