- 8 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 ounces thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Spread flour slices of bread with mayonnaise. Layer each with ham, cheese and onion. Spread horseradish sauce on remaining bread; place bread with horseradish side down over onion. Spread butter on the outside of each sandwich.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forToasted Cheese Supreme
"So delicious! Great with a bowl of potato soup on a cold day or with chips for for a refreshing summertime lunch!"
"Excellent! Thank you for sharing the recipe."