"I serve these flavorful hot ham and cheese sandwiches by themselves for lunch or with steaming bowls of my homemade clam chowder for a heartier meal," writes Wanda Evans of Tacoma, Washington.
Featured In: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 ounces thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Spread flour slices of bread with mayonnaise. Layer each with ham, cheese and onion. Spread horseradish sauce on remaining bread; place bread with horseradish side down over onion. Spread butter on the outside of each sandwich.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Toasted Cheese Supreme in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p52
Reviews for Toasted Cheese Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2016
"So delicious! Great with a bowl of potato soup on a cold day or with chips for for a refreshing summertime lunch!"
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2012
"Excellent! Thank you for sharing the recipe."