Beer infuses fast-to-fix quick bread with robust flavor. Toasted slices pair perfectly with a rich, cheesy dip that guests can't stop digging into.—Michelle Zupan, Augusta, Georgia
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- ASIAGO DIP:
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir in beer just until moistened. Fold in cheese and onions. Transfer to four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Brush tops with remaining butter.
- Remove loaves to a cutting board; cut each into six slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until toasted. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In small bowl, combine tomatoes and water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, mushrooms, onions, pepper flakes and tomatoes. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm with toast. Yield: 4 mini loaves (6 slices each) and 3 cups dip.
Originally published as Toasted Beer Bread with Asiago Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p69
Reviews for Toasted Beer Bread with Asiago Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2012
"Took this to Thanksgiving...everyone LOVED it. It had people away from the TV and sitting around the dip instead. Had 3 people ask for the recipe. AM making it again Friday for a a get together."