Toasted Barbecued Ham Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup deli coleslaw
- 8 slices white bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, thyme, parsley, garlic and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, cook ham and barbecue sauce over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Place ham and coleslaw on four bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter mixture.
- 4. In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 454 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1773mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Toasted Barbecued Ham Sandwiches
"This turned into a soggy mess for me. I really think you need a heartier bread to hold the ingredients together."