“I created this recipe to use up leftovers in the fridge. It's great for hurry-up meals and is a hit with my family!” Mary Ann Lee - Clifton Park, New York
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup deli coleslaw
- 8 slices white bread
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, thyme, parsley, garlic and pepper; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook ham and barbecue sauce over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Place ham and coleslaw on four bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter mixture.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Ham Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p12
Reviews for Toasted Barbecued Ham Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2015
"This turned into a soggy mess for me. I really think you need a heartier bread to hold the ingredients together."