Toasted Artichoke Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 8 spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the artichokes, pepper and onion in oil until tender; stir in cheese. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a food processor, combine mayonnaise and tomatoes; cover and process until finely chopped.
- 3. Spread four bread slices with half of the mayonnaise mixture; layer with a spinach leaf, artichoke mixture and remaining spinach. Spread remaining bread with mayonnaise mixture; place on top. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 4. On a griddle, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 523 calories, 35g fat (13g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1053mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Toasted Artichoke Sandwiches
"Followed this recipe, except used jarred roasted red peppers instead of fresh. Super delicious!"
"Loved it! Used my panini grill"
"These are absolutely deliciousThis has become a staple in myeveryday recipes. Two things that can raise this are: roasted red peppers instead of fresh bell and bread can be grilled on a panini grill"