Looking for a delicious meatless supper? You've found it with these quick-and-easy sandwiches! —Teri Lange, Schaumburg, Illinois
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 8 spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- In a large skillet, saute the artichokes, pepper and onion in oil until tender; stir in cheese. Remove from the heat.
- In a food processor, combine mayonnaise and tomatoes; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Spread four bread slices with half of the mayonnaise mixture; layer with a spinach leaf, artichoke mixture and remaining spinach. Spread remaining bread with mayonnaise mixture; place on top. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- On a griddle, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Toasted Artichoke Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p27
Reviews for Toasted Artichoke Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2011
"Followed this recipe, except used jarred roasted red peppers instead of fresh. Super delicious!"
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2010
"Loved it! Used my panini grill"
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2009
"These are absolutely deliciousThis has become a staple in myeveryday recipes. Two things that can raise this are: roasted red peppers instead of fresh bell and bread can be grilled on a panini grill"