- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 2 slices angel food cake (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons raspberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Confectioners' sugar
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of cake; spread preserves on second slice. Place slices together, sandwich-style. Spread butter on outsides of cake.
- In a large skillet or griddle, toast sandwiches until cake is lightly browned on both sides and cream cheese is melted. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 servings.
Originally published as Toasted Angel Food Cake in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p11
Reviews for Toasted Angel Food Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2012
Delish! Made this with sugar-free strawberry preserves, too. That was my family's favorite flavor.
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2009
I'm not a fan of PLAIN angel food cake so this was a great way to doctor it up. My family loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Easy Cake Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >