"A scrumptious dessert just for one is even more satisfying if it's quick and easy like this fun treat," says Tammy Clark from Duvall, Washington. "I love the crusty chewy cake and warm raspberry filling."
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 2 slices angel food cake (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons raspberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Confectioners' sugar
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of cake; spread preserves on second slice. Place slices together, sandwich-style. Spread butter on outsides of cake.
- In a large skillet or griddle, toast sandwiches until cake is lightly browned on both sides and cream cheese is melted. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 servings.
Originally published as Toasted Angel Food Cake in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p11
Reviews for Toasted Angel Food Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2012
"Delish! Made this with sugar-free strawberry preserves, too. That was my family's favorite flavor."
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2009
"I'm not a fan of PLAIN angel food cake so this was a great way to doctor it up. My family loved it!"