This rich spread goes a long way at holiday parties. Almonds and Swiss cheese are a classic combination that never goes out of style. —Kim Sobota, Plymouth, Minnesota
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the Swiss cheese, 1/3 cup almonds, mayonnaise, onions, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spoon into a lightly greased pie plate. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Toasted Almond Party Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p30
Reviews for Toasted Almond Party Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2010
"My family requests for every gathering! It's easy and delicious. Never any leftovers..."