Toasted Almond Ice Cream Balls Recipe
You can keep these almond-coated ice cream balls on hand in the freezer for last-minute entertaining. Just whip up the sauce in minutes for a simply satisfying sweet treat. —Anita Curtis, Camarillo, California
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 quart French vanilla ice cream
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Place almonds in a shallow dish. Using an ice cream scoop, shape ice cream into balls. Roll each in almonds until well coated. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cover and freeze.
- 2. For sauce, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Add sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- 3. Serve hot or cold over ice cream balls. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 823 calories, 45 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 98 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Toasted Almond Ice Cream Balls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC