Toasted Almond Ice Cream Balls
You can keep these almond-coated ice cream balls on hand in the freezer for last-minute entertaining. Just whip up the sauce in minutes for a simply satisfying sweet treat. —Anita Curtis, Camarillo, California
5 ServingsPrep: 55 min. + freezing
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 quart French vanilla ice cream
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Place almonds in a shallow dish. Using an ice cream scoop, shape ice
- cream into balls. Roll each in almonds until well coated. Place on a
- waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cover and freeze.
- For sauce, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter in a
- saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Add
- sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or
- until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot or cold over ice cream balls. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 823 calories, 45 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 98 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.