Toasted Almond Crab Dip
I got the recipe for this super spread from my sister-in-law years ago, and it's always popular at social gatherings. It's so easy to make, yet it looks and tastes fancy.—Sonja Blow, Nixa, Missouri
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1/2 cup imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in crab and 2
- tablespoons onions. Spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake
- at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with
- almonds and remaining onions. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 120 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.