I got the recipe for this super spread from my sister-in-law years ago, and it's always popular at social gatherings. It's so easy to make, yet it looks and tastes fancy.—Sonja Blow, Nixa, Missouri
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1/2 cup imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in crab and 2 tablespoons onions. Spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining onions. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Toasted Almond Crab Dip in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p44
Reviews for Toasted Almond Crab Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2010
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2008
"This spread is wonderful. Serve with Wheat Thins. Yum!!!!!!!"