"I entered this recipe in a contest that our local newspaper holds each year, and it won first place in the salad division," reports Judy Kisch-Keuten of Beatrice, Nebraska. Toasted almonds and a celery add crunch to the flavorful sandwich filling that's tasty served on English muffins.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 English muffins, split and toasted
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 12 thin tomato slices
- In a bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Top 12 muffin halves with lettuce leaves; spread with chicken salad. Top with tomato slices and remaining muffin halves. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p57
Reviews for Toasted Almond Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2011
"I brought this chicken salad to a potluck luncheon. I received raves for it and was asked repeatedly for the recipe. Thanks TOH!"
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2009
"Great for daily trips."