"I entered this recipe in a contest that our local newspaper holds each year, and it won first place in the salad division," reports Judy Kisch-Keuten of Beatrice, Nebraska. Toasted almonds and a celery add crunch to the flavorful sandwich filling that's tasty served on English muffins.
Recommended: 40 Recipes You Won't Believe Are Dairy-Free
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 English muffins, split and toasted
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 12 thin tomato slices
- In a bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Top 12 muffin halves with lettuce leaves; spread with chicken salad. Top with tomato slices and remaining muffin halves. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p57
Reviews for Toasted Almond Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review