Toad in the Hole
This is one of the first recipes I had my children prepare when they were learning to cook. My "little ones" are now grown (and have advanced to more difficult recipes!), but this continues to be a traditional standby in my home and theirs.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a 3-in. hole in the middle of the bread and discard. In a small
- skillet, melt the butter; place the bread in the skillet.
- Place egg in the hole. Cook for about 2 minutes over medium heat
- until the bread is lightly browned. Turn and cook the other side
- until egg yolk is almost set. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 1