To Make Pie Pastry
Making pastry is a very easy and will be flaky and delicious. Just follow directions on how to prepare your specific pie.—Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- Single Crust (8-inch to 10-inch pie):
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups Basic Pastry Mix
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- Double Crust (8-inch to 10-inch pie):
- 2 to 2-3/4 cups Basic Pastry Mix
- 4 to 6 tablespoons cold water
- Place the pastry mix in a medium bowl. With a fork, gently mix in
- just enough water to moisten dry ingredients. Form into a ball. For
- ease of handling, wrap and chill until ready use. Roll out as for
- standard pastry. Follow specific recipe directions (for single or
- double crust) to fill and bake pie. Or bake without filling at
- 400° for 10 minutes or until the pastry is light golden brown.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 13 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.