To Make Pie Pastry Recipe
Making pastry is a very easy and will be flaky and delicious. Just follow directions on how to prepare your specific pie.Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
- Single Crust (8-inch to 10-inch pie):
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups Basic Pastry Mix (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- Double Crust (8-inch to 10-inch pie):
- 2 to 2-3/4 cups Basic Pastry Mix (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 4 to 6 tablespoons cold water
- Place the pastry mix in a medium bowl. With a fork, gently mix in just enough water to moisten dry ingredients. Form into a ball. For ease of handling, wrap and chill until ready use. Roll out as for standard pastry. Follow specific recipe directions (for single or double crust) to fill and bake pie. Or bake without filling at 400° for 10 minutes or until the pastry is light golden brown.
Originally published as To Make Pie Pastry in Country Woman May/June 1994, p38
Reviews for To Make Pie Pastry(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review