No one can resist this classic cool and creamy dessert. It's quick to prepare but can be made ahead for added mealtime convenience.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 18 ladyfingers, split
- 2-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a small bowl, beat cream until
- it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft
- peaks form. Fold into pudding; cover and refrigerate.
- Arrange half of the ladyfingers cut side up in an 11-in. x 7-in.
- dish. Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water; drizzle half over
- the ladyfingers. Spread with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat
- layers. Sprinkle with cocoa. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 385 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 186 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.