Tiramisu Crepes Recipe
Delicate crepes, filled with creamy Mascarpone cheese and laced with vanilla and a hint of coffee liqueur, make for a mouthwatering morning treat. It’s special in every way. —Karen S. Shelton, Collierville, Tennessee
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup club soda
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur or strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: chocolate syrup, whipped cream and baking cocoa
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, soda, butter, coffee and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cheeses and sugar until fluffy. Add liqueur and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spoon about 2 tablespoons filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Top with chocolate syrup, whipped cream and cocoa if desired. Yield: 22 crepes.
1 filled crepe (calculated without optional toppings) equals 188 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC