- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers
- 5 teaspoons instant coffee granules, divided
- 3 tablespoons hot water, divided
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 325°. Layer half of the wafers in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, dissolve 2 teaspoons coffee granules in 2 tablespoons hot water; brush 1 tablespoon mixture over wafers.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove half of the filling to another bowl. Dissolve remaining coffee granules in remaining hot water; stir into one portion of filling. Spread over wafers.
- Layer remaining wafers over top; brush with remaining dissolved granules. Spread with remaining filling.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from dish with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- To serve, spread with whipped topping. Dust with cocoa. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Tiramisu Cheesecake Dessert
Sort By :
"I made this delicious dessert for my book club and they loved it. They even went back for seconds. It is easy to prepare. I used the instant coffee in sticks such as Via by Starbucks and Folgers and it worked perfectly. This is a great dish to take to a pot luck. I promise everyone will love it. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.Cazza, whipped topping is a frozen topping similar to whipped cream that is sold in tubs and in the U.S. is called Cool Whip. You thaw it before using it. You could use whipped cream instead."
"Made this tonight and it was great. I used regular strong coffee, instead of instant."
"This was really good. The only thing I changed was to use real whipped cream from scratch. I stopped using frozen whip topping years ago, so any recipe that calls for it I just whip my own."
"I made this for my son's birthday- - I did not use the cool whip but just served it plain. It was a big hit!!!"
"I've made this recipe several times and take it to potlucks and I always get rave reviews. It's excellent. Cazza31, I believe "whipped topping" means Cool Whip--artificial whipped cream. I do not use it. I whip heavy cream and add some sugar and use that instead."