- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers
- 5 teaspoons instant coffee granules, divided
- 3 tablespoons hot water, divided
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 325°. Layer half of the wafers in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, dissolve 2 teaspoons coffee granules in 2 tablespoons hot water; brush 1 tablespoon mixture over wafers.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove half of the filling to another bowl. Dissolve remaining coffee granules in remaining hot water; stir into one portion of filling. Spread over wafers.
- Layer remaining wafers over top; brush with remaining dissolved granules. Spread with remaining filling.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from dish with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- To serve, spread with whipped topping. Dust with cocoa. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Tiramisu Cheesecake Dessert
"I agree with previous reviewers who didn't give this many stars: the texture is incredibly dense. I think one layer of cookies would be plenty. I understand that because it is a cheesecake, it would be a little more dense, but it was too much. The flavor was good, but because I'm such a coffee lover I guess, I could tell that it was instant coffee and I didn't care for that. I'd make this again, but I'd omit one layer of cookies, and make some strong coffee for the flavoring instead. Also, I used about 2 cups of whipped topping; I don't think 1 cup is enough."
"The recipe is delicious however I used more ladyfingers than called for, which made it dry..... my fault."
"I made this for a family reunion this weekend and it is delicious. I amped up the coffee a bit in the recipe, but otherwise didn't change a thing. Loved the texture of the cheesecake filling."
"No explanation needed. OMG."
"Lovely dessert, enjoyed by neighbors and company. I did dd vanilla to the batter and swirled in a little extra coffee on top. We have ONE piece left!!!"