Tiramisu and brownies—what a yummy combination! This easy recipe gives you the traditional tiramisu flavor you adore minus the fuss.—Anna-Maria Carpanzano, Whitby, Ontario
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules or espresso powder
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate. Stir until smooth; cool slightly. Beat in butter. Gradually beat in 1-1/3 cups sugar. Add six eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and coffee granules; add to chocolate mixture. Beat on low speed just until combined; set aside.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cheese, vanilla, remaining sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Pour half of the chocolate batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with filling. Top with remaining batter, spreading evenly to completely cover filling.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set and brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool on a wire rack. Dust with cocoa. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Tiramisu Brownies in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p6
Reviews for Tiramisu Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review