Tipsy Apple Pie Recipe
I turned a cobbler recipe into a pie, adding brandy and crystallized ginger to the filling and a simple crumb topping. It looks complicated and tastes homemade, but it’s super easy! —Debra Keil, Owasso, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the pie filing, brandy and ginger. Pour into crust.
- 2. Place the brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, cinnamon and salt in a food processor. Cover and pulse until coarse crumbs form; sprinkle over pie. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 335 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC