Tipsy Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the pie filing, brandy and ginger. Pour into crust.
- Place the brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, cinnamon and salt in a food processor. Cover and pulse until coarse crumbs form; sprinkle over pie. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tipsy Apple Pie(4)
Sort By :
Made this yesterday. It was wonderful. I usually don't use pie filling but decided to give this a try. I am a little upset sometimes when people give a negative review and have obviously not made it.
would not use apple pie filling
NEVER USE APPLES FROM A CAN.
This is SO easy to make, delicious, and if you get the crimping right, looks fabulous!
I would make a change on the amount of brandy.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >