Tip Roast & Onion Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, cream and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce).
6 ounces cooked beef with 1/4 cup sauce equals 446 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 45 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.