Tiny Tim Trifle Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1.4 ounces each) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 candy cane, crushed
- In a large bowl, beat butter. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes. Add the eggs, egg whites, sour cream, milk, vanilla and peppermint extract if desired. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture just until blended.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For pudding, in a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Crumble the brownies; place half of the crumbs in a 3-qt. bowl or trifle dish. Top with half of the pudding and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with crushed candy cane. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Tiny Tim Trifle
Sort By :
I substituted brown rice flower and splenda, and this still turned out fabulous!
Maybe I did something wroong, but this WAS NOT GOOD! The pudding was runny and there wasn't enough of a "Great" taste for the dessert. Sorry, but We didn't like this at all!!!
I made with sugar-free brownie mix and added chopped pecans and made sf pudding according to the box directions. I used fat-free Cool Whip and crushed peppermint candy in my Magic Bullet. My family raved over this - delicious!!!
So yummy and got a great review at our family Christmas! Only thing I changed was just using the box directions for the pudding instead of the extra milk and mix.
Oh...and fat free whipped topping has lots of sugar so used less and only on the inner layer. Nothing on top.