- soda, nutmeg, salt and cloves; gradually beat into the creamed
- mixture. Fold in the plums, dates, raisins, carrots, currants and
- orange peel.
- Pour into a well-greased 8-cup pudding mold, metal gelatin mold or
- ovenproof bowl; cover tightly. Place on a rack in a stockpot; add 3
- in. of hot water to pot. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for
- 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean, adding water as needed. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar and rum until
- smooth. Unmold pudding onto a serving plate; cut into wedges. Serve
- warm with sauce. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups hard sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 2 tablespoons hard sauce equals 550 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 98 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.