Says field editor Kim Marie Van Rheenen of Mendota, Illinois, "These tasty little tarts are nice for a family, kids love having their own tiny pies. For company, I use a variety of fillings and arrange them on a pretty platter."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry, cherry or strawberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 300° for 17-22 minutes or until set. Cool for 15 minutes before carefully removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Spoon 1 teaspoon of pie filling into each tart. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Tiny Shortbread Tarts in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p64
Reviews for Tiny Shortbread Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review