I prepare these mini cheesecakes every Christmas and for many weddings. I've received countless compliments and recipe requests. When I send these along in my husband's lunch, I have to be sure to pack to extras because the men he works with love them, too.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or strawberry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and cocoa; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Shape into 24 balls. Place in greased miniature muffin cups; press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of each cup.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in milk and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low just until combined. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into each cup.
- Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Carefully remove from pans to cool completely. Top with pie filling. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Tiny Cherry Cheesecakes in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p29
Reviews for Tiny Cherry Cheesecakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review