Tina's Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. In a small bowl, whisk water, gravy mix, dressing mix, soup mix, garlic powder and pepper until blended; add to pan. Bring to a boil. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables; cook 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Skim fat if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tina's Pot Roast
Sort By :
This is a favorite in our house. I make alittle more gravy than called for, less potatoes and add Parsnips. My kids love it, it is a once a month staple here.
GREAT! Even my picky7 and 3 year old ate it. The 3 year old had three helpings. Makes a great gravy, and the veggies came out tender and flavorful.
I will make this many more times! Best pot roast ive ever had. Dad, boyfriend, and 4 year old daughter approved!
I went and bought a dutch oven just to make this recipe and it was definitely worth it! I have made it twice now and I love it. The meat was tender with a yummy gravy. Made the whole house smell delicious
Delicious!!!! I am not a big pot roast fan but I absolutely LOVED this. This is the only pot roast recipe I will use from now on!!! I took the leftovers to my parents house and they could not stop talking about how it is.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Beef Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Carrot Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >