Tina's Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds medium potatoes (about 9), peeled and quartered
- 1 pound medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. In a small bowl, whisk water, gravy mix, dressing mix, soup mix, garlic powder and pepper until blended; add to pan. Bring to a boil. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables; cook 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Skim fat if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tina's Pot Roast(8)
Sort By :
I went and bought a dutch oven just to make this recipe and it was definitely worth it! I have made it twice now and I love it. The meat was tender with a yummy gravy. Made the whole house smell delicious
Delicious!!!! I am not a big pot roast fan but I absolutely LOVED this. This is the only pot roast recipe I will use from now on!!! I took the leftovers to my parents house and they could not stop talking about how it is.
Delicious! My new favorite pot roast recipe, despite the high sodium count. I added more water and took off the lid for the last 20 minutes so the vegetables had a chance to brown.
Amazing! Full of flavor, tender meat, and perfectly cooked vegetables. I did add a 1/2 cup of water before adding the vegetables. My family LOVED it!
Great recipe, Really enjoyed it. I reduced the pepper to 1/4 tsp and added 1/2 c more water and 8 oz. Of sliced mushrooms. Delicious !!!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Beef Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Carrot Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >