This tender pot roast is a hearty, "feel good" meal, so I decided it was a good one to share with Michelle's family. It's also kid-friendly. Even picky eaters usually gobble it up. The last time I made this for my family, the gravy was so tasty that we poured it over the entire meal—meat, carrots, and potatoes!—Tina Meyer, Lake Orion, Michigan
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. In a small bowl, whisk water, gravy mix, dressing mix, soup mix, garlic powder and pepper until blended; add to pan. Bring to a boil. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables; cook 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Skim fat if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tina's Pot Roast in Taste of Home November 2013
Reviews for Tina's Pot Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review