Tina's Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. In a small bowl, whisk water, gravy mix, dressing mix, soup mix, garlic powder and pepper until blended; add to pan. Bring to a boil. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables; cook 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Skim fat if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tina's Pot Roast
Sort By :
I have used a similar recipe in the past and found it way too salty. On this recipe I omitted the Italian salad dressing mix and used just 1/2 package of the onion soup, the whole package of Au jus gravy mix, 1/3 cup red wine and about 1 cup of water. I didn't want to heat up my Florida kitchen so I cooked it in my electric frypan. Turned out perfectly. The flavor could not be beat and my picky eater loved it. I am a gravy freak and this stuff was delicious.
Have this in the crock pot rite now. Will see how it turns out. I doubled the water and brown gravy mix. ~~~~~~~~~ Okay this is the most fab pot roast ever!!! After 2 hrs of being in the crock pot it is tender and so much flavor. Now added "fresh new potatoes and carrots".
Good but very salty. I did double the gravy and also doubled the water in addition to that. Not sure i would make again.
that is a lot of sodium -- gravy mix, salad dressing, onion soup -- YIKES
I would like to know whether this recipe can be made in a crock pot? Looks delish!