- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. In a small bowl, whisk water, gravy mix, dressing mix, soup mix, garlic powder and pepper until blended; add to pan. Bring to a boil. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables; cook 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Skim fat if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tina's Pot Roast
Sort By :
"Let me tell u I made this 2day and it was so good this is a keeper thanks for sharing"
"How would i modify this recipe to cook it in the slow cooker?"
"Awesome. I just double the gravy mix."
"I looked at the sodium content of the packages at the store... It's roughly 1250mg per serving. I'm no doctor... But, the daily allowance for healthy people is 1500-2300. A Big Mac has 960... No thanks."
"This is a great base recipe that anyone can expand on. I used tiny, Honey Gold potatoes (left the peeling on) and baby carrots (already peeled). I quartered a white onion (but the onion pack sounds good and may help thicken the sauce).Didn't have cooking sherry, so I used a cup of Cabernet Sauvignon and added a concentrated beef bouillon base (instead of brown gravy mix, it's much richer).To thicken your gravy, remove it and mix two tbsp. corn starch with the same amount of cold water. Mix into gravy and simmer until more consistent. Enjoy!"