Tina's Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. In a small bowl, whisk water, gravy mix, dressing mix, soup mix, garlic powder and pepper until blended; add to pan. Bring to a boil. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables; cook 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Skim fat if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tina's Pot Roast
Sort By :
that is a lot of sodium -- gravy mix, salad dressing, onion soup -- YIKES
I would like to know whether this recipe can be made in a crock pot? Looks delish!
can you make this in a crock pot instead?
This is a favorite in our house. I make alittle more gravy than called for, less potatoes and add Parsnips. My kids love it, it is a once a month staple here.
GREAT! Even my picky7 and 3 year old ate it. The 3 year old had three helpings. Makes a great gravy, and the veggies came out tender and flavorful.