- For chocolate layer, in a microwave, melt chocolate and butter over
- low heat, stirring until smooth. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat cream and vanilla until soft peaks
- form. Carefully fold a third of the whipped cream into the chocolate
- mixture; fold in the remaining whipped cream. Spread over peanut
- layer; refrigerate until set. Garnish with whipped cream and peanuts
- if desired.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, melt caramels, cream and butter
- over low heat. stirring until smooth. Drizzle over pie. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 612 calories, 44 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.