Reports Dorothy Bateman of Carver, Massachusetts, "These creamy pre-filled potato shells can be quickly thawed, then baked as a side dish to go with a steak or any meat."
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional butter
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp until smooth. Stir in the sour cream, cheese, onion, milk, butter, parsley and salt. Spoon into potato shells.; brush with butter. Cover and refrigerate.
- Wrap shells individually in plastic wrap; place in freezer containers. Freeze. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use potato shells; Thaw in the refrigerator. Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden and heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Time-to-Spare Spuds in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p21