An envelope of taco seasoning gives Mexican flair to Debbie's meat mixture in this tasty taco dinner. It has such a different flavor from the other variations that your family will never realize it's made from the same sauce.
Recommended: Homemade Mixes for Popular Pantry Staples
- 2 cups Big-Batch Beef Sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 to 8 taco shells or flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onions, sour cream, and salsa
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef sauce, taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture into each taco shell or tortilla. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Time-Saving Tacos in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p14
Reviews for Time-Saving Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review