- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 2 cups. Combine remaining crumb mixture with the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the reserved crumbs into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish or 12-in. oven-proof skillet. Pour batter over crumbs and sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Tillie's Ginger Crumb Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p35
Reviews for Tillie's Ginger Crumb Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review