The mild flavor and tender texture of tilapia goes beautifully with this colorful, garden-fresh relish. It makes a big impression with little effort. —Helen Conwell, Portland, Oregon
- 6 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Place fish in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the lemon pepper. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, orange, onion, capers, brown sugar, vinegar and remaining salt. Serve with fish. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tilapia with Tomato-Orange Relish in Country Woman December/January 2010, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tilapia with Tomato-Orange Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review