- 6 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Place fish in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the lemon-pepper. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, orange, onion, capers, brown sugar, vinegar and remaining salt. Serve with fish. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tilapia with Tomato-Orange Relish
Sort By :
"I was a little unsure of this recipe. Tomatoes, onions and oranges just don't seem to go together, or so I thought. This is a great recipe. The seasoning on the fish is perfect. I cut down on the butter by half. The relish goes together quickly and completes the dish."
"made it for supper tonight, my husband who doesn't care for fish, just loved it, the relish is what makes it so tasty. Will definitely do again."
"This sounds delicious. I would skip the butter for an even healthier version. I have found that just putting seasoned tilapia fillets in a lightly greased (or sprayed) 13 x 9 pan, and baking at 375 degrees for 15 minutes works great without the added fat. (Of course, butter DOES taste great, however.) :)"
"This recipe is great. My family really loves it. We have this about once a week. Thanks for the recipe."
"love the relish - so fresh tasting. i used it on basa fillets - will use it on other white fish in the future as well."