Tilapia with Strawberry-Thyme Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Crumbled blue cheese or cooked bacon, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, wine, sugar, lemon juice, thyme sprig and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Discard thyme sprig.
- 2. Combine the flour, pepper and remaining salt; sprinkle over tilapia. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with strawberry sauce and sprinkle with blue cheese and bacon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1/4 cup sauce (calculated without blue cheese and bacon): 221 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Tilapia with Strawberry-Thyme Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.