Tilapia with Strawberry-Thyme Sauce Recipe
Here's a delicious way to welcome spring. I like to serve the tilapia with polenta and a blend of leeks and green onions that I've roasted in the oven with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. And definitely add a bit of bacon or blue cheese: It adds a hint of saltiness to contrast with the sweet-and-tangy sauce.
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Crumbled blue cheese or cooked bacon, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, wine, sugar, lemon juice, thyme sprig and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Discard thyme sprig.
- Combine the flour, pepper and remaining salt; sprinkle over tilapia. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with strawberry sauce and sprinkle with blue cheese and bacon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tilapia with Strawberry-Thyme Sauce in Fresh Home
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tilapia with Strawberry-Thyme Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review