- 2 tablespoons egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and paprika. Dip fillets in the egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, pepper flakes, pepper and remaining salt. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with fillets; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tilapia with Spinach for Two
"We enjoyed this. It was fast and easy and the seasoning was very good. We'll definitely make it again soon."
"This was a good, solid recipe. Loved the spinach."
"It was good!!"